02 October 2007

Hangar 18: Bloggers v. Rockers Fantasy Football - Week 4 Summary

Week four of Hangar 18: the Bloggers v. Rockers Fantasy Football League is now behind us and some definite patterns have started to emerge. Namely: Arizona's undefeated team ain't no joke, the winless Mancino and Tapes 'n Tapes/Vicious Vicious teams - potential jokes/pretty unlucky, and my 3-1 team has just plain been super lucky.

What is Hangar 18? Well, this fantasy football league pits six bloggers (My Old Kentucky Blog, Gorilla Vs. Bear, Ear Farm, ninebullets, Indie Interviews, and I Guess I’m Floating) against six musicians (Tapes N Tapes, Vicious Vicious, Margot & The Nuclear So & So’s, The Muggabears, Arizona, and Mancino) in a battle to decide who amongst the twelve of us will reign supreme as the Indie Rock CHAMPION of Fantasy Football. You can find out more about the league HERE. Below are the results from this past week, the current standings, my team's roster (a bit of a change this week after a six player trade with Mancino), and a couple of theme songs.

Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Current Standings:

    1. Arizona (4-0)
    2. Indie Interviews (3-1)
    3. ninebullets (3-1)
    4. My Old Kentucky Blog (3-1)
    5. Ear Farm (3-1)
    6. The Muggabears (2-1-1)
    7. Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (2-2)
    8. Tapes 'n Tapes (Josh) (1-3)
    9. Gorilla vs. Bear (1-3)
    10. I Guess I'm Floating (1-3)
    11. Tapes 'n Tapes/Vicious Vicious (Erik) (0-3-1)
    12. Mancino (0-4)
Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Week Four Results:
    Ear Farm (57) defeated Tapes N Tapes/Vicious Vicious (55)
    Gorilla Vs. Bear (76) defeated Mancino (50)
    My Old Kentucky Blog (67) defeated I Guess I'm Floating (36)
    Arizona (86) defeated Tapes N Tapes (Josh) (83)
    ninebullets (81) defeated The Muggabears (76)
    Indie Interviews (73) defeated Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (70)
Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Week Five Matchups:
    Tapes N Tapes (Josh) (vs) Ear Farm
    Tapes N Tapes/Vicious Vicious (vs) Mancino
    Gorilla Vs. Bear (vs) My Old Kentucky Blog
    Arizona (vs) ninebullets
    The Muggabears (vs) Margot & The Nuclear So & So's
    I Guess I'm Floating (vs) Indie Interviews
EAR FARM's (team name Mother Puncher) current roster:
QB: Matt Schaub (Hou)
RB: Joseph Addai (Ind)
RB: LenDale White (RB - acquired via trade with Mancino)
WR: Torry Holt (Stl)
WR: Dwayne Bowe (KC - acquired via trade with Mancino)
WR: Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ)
TE: Jeremy Shockey (NYG - acquired via trade with Mancino)
D: Houston
K: Neil Rackers (Ari)
BN: Adrian Peterson (RB - Min)
BN: Jay Cutler (QB - Den)
BN: Javon Walker (WR - Den)

Listen:
"Hangar 18" by Megadeth
"Mother Puncher" by Mastodon