16 October 2007

Hangar 18: Bloggers v. Rockers Fantasy Football - Week 6 Summary

Week six of Hangar 18: the Bloggers v. Rockers Fantasy Football League. Guess who's tied for the top spot at 5-1, behind by a matter of only a few points? Guess who beat ninebullets like Dillard's coming down on Peter Warrick?? That's right. ME. Don't think I'm not planning on heading to the Indaba Loft later today to see Arizona live and to let Andrew know that team Ear Farm is coming for him.

What is Hangar 18? Well, this fantasy football league pits six bloggers (My Old Kentucky Blog, Gorilla Vs. Bear, Ear Farm, ninebullets, Indie Interviews, and I Guess I’m Floating) against six musicians (Tapes N Tapes, Vicious Vicious, Margot & The Nuclear So & So’s, The Muggabears, Arizona, and Mancino) in a battle to decide who amongst the twelve of us will reign supreme as the Indie Rock CHAMPION of Fantasy Football. You can find out more about the league HERE. Below are the results from this past week, the current standings, my team's roster, and a couple of theme songs.

Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Current Standings:

    1. Arizona (5-1)
    2. My Old Kentucky Blog (5-1)
    3. Ear Farm (5-1)
    4. Indie Interviews (4-2)
    5. The Muggabears (3-2-1)
    6. ninebullets (3-3)
    7. Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (3-3)
    8. Gorilla vs. Bear (2-4)
    9. I Guess I'm Floating (2-4)
    10. Mancino (2-4)
    11. Tapes 'n Tapes (Josh) (1-5)
    12. Tapes 'n Tapes/Vicious Vicious (Erik) (0-4-1)
Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Week Six Results:
    Ear Farm (111) defeated ninebullets (96)
    Mancino (101) defeated Tapes N Tapes (Josh) (69)
    My Old Kentucky Blog (72) defeated Tapes N Tapes/Vicious Vicious (32)
    Gorilla Vs. Bear (116) defeated I Guess I'm Floating (60)
    Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (102) defeated Arizona (75)
    Indie Interviews (129) defeated The Muggabears (61)
Rockers vs. Bloggers Fantasy Football Week Seven Matchups:
    Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (vs) Ear Farm
    ninebullets (vs) Mancino
    Tapes N Tapes (Josh) (vs) My Old Kentucky Blog
    Tapes N Tapes/Vicious Vicious (vs) Gorilla Vs. Bear
    Arizona (vs) Indie Interviews
    I Guess I'm Floating (vs) The Muggabears
EAR FARM's (team name Mother Puncher) current roster:
QB: Matt Schaub (Hou)
RB: Joseph Addai (Ind)
RB: Adrian Peterson (RB)
WR: Torry Holt (Stl)
WR: Javon Walker (KC)
WR: Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ)
TE: Jeremy Shockey (NYG)
D: Houston
K: Neil Rackers (Ari)
BN: Derrick Ward (RB - NYG)
BN: Derek Anderson (QB - Cle)
BN: Dwayne Bowe (WR - KC)

Listen:
"Hangar 18" by Megadeth
"Mother Puncher" by Mastodon