09 June 2006

Goes Cube - new songs!

EAR FARM believes in the bands that are featured on here - that's a fact Jack. So, when possible, it's nice to know about the current happenings and news of some of these bands. One such just posted some news and two new songs! The band, Goes Cube:

"Goes Cube returned to Atomic Recording Studios and with Dean Baltulonis (of Foreign Islands) at the controls, we recorded 8 songs. Much gratitude to Dean for his incredible skills, and his inventiveness. Tom Hutten of Bionic Mastering once again mastered the recording, bringing it to a whole new level of severity, brutality, and overall awesomeness.

Please enjoy Goes Cube Song 30 and Goes Cube Song 27, which we just uploaded...."
Yes, YES. Enjoy indeed. After talking to the band a bit, they were nice enough to give me an advance listen to the new songs. Let me tell you, this is one of the better recordings I've heard in some time. By that I mean weeks perhaps, but then I listen to a ton of new stuff on a daily basis. What I love about these new tracks is how nicely the energy and essence of the band comes through in what has been recorded. See, Goes Cube is a band that kills live. KILLS. They're so damn good live that you might expect a studio recording to suffer somehow and these tracks do not. I'm trying to fight the urge to say it, but I'm getting a Nirvana Incesticide kinda feeling from these songs. I mean, in the way Goes Cube just sets out to fearlessly go wherever they want to, perhaps beyond where other bands dare. In the way that these tracks very well represent what Goes Cube is all about, the way Incesticide did for Nirvana better than any of their proper albums.

I've got two of these new songs available for you to check out below. Though I must be honest and tell you that my absolute favorite of the new tracks is Goes Cube Song 29. You're going to have to wait for the official release for that one. Until then, listen to the two below. Enjoy. Also, go visit Goes Cube on MySpace or see them live on July 19th at the Family Business showcase @ Trash. Believe me when I say that they're one of the best live bands in NYC.

Listen:
Goes Cube Song 30
Goes Cube Song 27

Previous Goes Cube postings on EF HERE and HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard about these guys from oh my rockness i think. great band. i love the new songs.

Anonymous said...

I love love love Goes Cube. David is a really nice guy. The new songs kick arse!