19 April 2007

8+

"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" by Agalloch which clocks in at 14:43

This is an actual conversation. This just happened. Not the picture you see here (that happened a few weeks ago and is, in fact, an actual photo I took after removing Rising Sun's headrest) but the IM conversation that's posted below. I suppose this is the week where you learn that I'm not above creating posts out of actual IM conversations. So be it - things tend to change around here with the ebb and flow of my work schedule.

AIM conversation with David from Goes Cube. Today, 3:08pm.

David:
Kenny and I are going to go drink a bloody mary.

Matt:
That sounds amazing.

David:
Yes it is, because bloody marys are good.

Matt:
And amazing because work is killing me this week. How 'bout you guys drink me up an 8+ for today?

David:
I'll write one for you...tell you what, I'll do it right now.

Matt:
You dont have to man, besides you already have...

3:10pm

David:
Ok done with the 8+.

One morning I woke up to buy everyone coffee, but a shoe was missing. One time I was trying to relax in the front seat but someone behind me kept pulling the seatbelt against me, and then removing my headrest. One time I was trying to sleep but someone kept on hitting me. That person was a real jerk.

But as much as he was a jerk, he didn't manage to fuck up my Agollach CD, which I really enjoyed listening to. Here's one of my favorite tracks. It's called "In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion," and while it was playing in the mini-van, that previously mentioned person was mock-side-swiping a guy just because he had a Duke sticker on his car. He thought it was real funny. Yeah. Fuckin' hilarious how you almost totaled the car, dick.

Matt:
HAHAHA. Oh shit, that rules.

David:
You want to use it, don't you? Yeah you do.

Matt:
Hell yeah I do.

David:
Do it.

Buy The Mantle HERE on Amazon.

EAR FARM's 8+ is a weekly feature that showcases songs longer than 8 minutes. In the recent past these songs were featured on EF's 8+:
Explosions In The Sky - "It's Natural To Be Afraid"
Guns N' Roses - "Locomotive"
Guns N' Roses - "Estranged"
Guns N' Roses - "Coma"
Guns N' Roses - "November Rain"
Sleep - "Jerusalem (Pt. 4)"
The Velvet Underground - "The Gift"
Elton John - "Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding"

To see a full list of every song featured in EAR FARM's 8+ click HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a wolf packed in matt's clothing.

Anonymous said...

This one's also funny! Funny Earfarm is fun Earfarm!