14 January 2007

Arthur & Yu - new song & news

If EAR FARM gave awards for popularity of songs that have been featured on the site, Arthur & Yu would surely have won one in 2006 for their song "Lion's Mouth". I've had more people tell me how much they love this song, more people ask "who is that?!" when I play it early in my DJ sets, than just about any other song. I'm not acting surprised though. I know full well how good "Lion's Mouth" is. It's beautiful and simple and perfect and I've posted it (again) below so be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

Now that our collective love for "Lion's Mouth" is out in the open we can move on to the matter at hand. Arthur & Yu have just recently made available a brand new song called "Come to View (Song For Neil Young)". It's got more of what you loved the first time you heard their music. More excellent vocal work, more Lee Hazelwood/Nancy Sinatra influence, more economy of notes, and more Arthur & Yu magic. I'm proud to offer it for your listening pleasure and happy to announce that Arthur & Yu have also just recently signed to Hardly Art Records. Hardly Art is a new Sub Pop subsidiary that's certain to be a fine home for these Seattle natives. I'm most definitely looking forward to their first release and am going to continue begging them to come play a show in New York. Arthur & Yu live in NYC in 2007!

Listen:
"Come to View (Song For Neil Young)"
"Lion's Mouth"

Visit Arthur & Yu on MySpace.

No comments: