19 October 2007

EAR FARM and Serious Business Records CMJ show - 17 October @ Bar Matchless

The only EAR FARM sponsored show* during CMJ happened two days ago at Bar Matchless in Brooklyn. We teamed up with our friends over at Serious Business Records to deliver a rockin' FREE show that included five excellent bands and a good time for all who showed up. Except for that door that got in the way of Hull, but that's a whole 'nother story.

The Unsacred Hearts (above) kicked things off with a boom. A sonic boom? You know it. Every time I see this band they bring it, and the show at Matchless the other night was no different. At one point during their set two things occurred to me: one, that this garage at Matchless was a pretty perfect spot for this lineup; and two, by having Travis from The Hearts and Kenny from Goes Cube playing together on the same bill, we had two of the top five drummers in NYC in one place at one time. Pretty awesome.

Listen:
"But Ms. Love"

See more pictures of The Unsacred Hearts (from this show) HERE.

Visit The Unsacred Hearts on MySpace.

Kickstart (above) played second and had a sizeable crowd of fans show up to take in their raw, energetic rock and roll. I'd totally be a comic book nerd and call them the soundtrack to the Ghost Rider series, if that Nick Cage movie hadn't come out and ruined Ghost Rider for the world. Anyway, theirs is a sound that falls in line with the spirit behind "Fight For Your Right" and comes out sounding a bit like Black Flag at times. To be honest, the band I'm most reminded of when seeing a Kickstart show is The Riverbottom Nightmare Band.

Listen:
"Kickstart Theme Song"

See more pictures of Kickstart (from this show) HERE.

Visit Kickstart on MySpace.

Oddly enough, Wednesday night was my first time in quite some time seeing Man In Gray (above) in person. I've always been a fan of their live performances and have found myself really enjoying their 2007 album I Can't Sleep Unless I Hear You Breathing. The songs from this record really cook live, if you missed seeing them at this EAR FARM/Serious Business show then you can catch them tomorrow night at the StereoactiveNYC/Hot Rocks Party Official CMJ Showcase.

Listen:
"Stranded"

See more pictures of Man In Gray (from this show) HERE.

Visit Man In Gray on MySpace.

Goes Cube has written something like ten new songs since returning from tour back in April. That's a lot. And you know what? Pretty much all of them kick ass. I only say "pretty much" because I'm not certain that Songs 54 and 55 are finished yet, but what I've heard of those in progress is extremely promising. In fact, I've already told the band that Goes Cube Song 55 has single potential. I mean it too. And I mean it when I keep telling anyone who will listen that someone needs to sign this band and get these new songs in front of people. Because people can't help but love Goes Cube. Oh right, and they slayed at this show. Obviously.

Listen:
"Goes Cube Song 46"

Watch:
"Goes Cube Song 47" (from this show) as QT | on YouTube

See more pictures of Goes Cube (from this show and many others) HERE.

Visit Goes Cube on MySpace.

Hull!!! If you ask me, there aren't nearly enough metal bands coming out of Brooklyn. You didn't ask, I know, I'm just saying. And since I'm just saying whatever I want, let me tell you this: Hull showed up on Wednesday night after playing another show the same night and tore the roof (door) off of Matchless with one 27 minute long song. It was part Sabbath, part Mogwai, part Isis, all Hull, and it was AWESOME. I can't wait to see them again.

Listen:
"Hurricane Fist"

See more pictures of Hull (from this show) HERE.

Visit Hull on MySpace.

*flyer designed by Tammy at OrangeYouGlad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey earfarm nice poster, as usual

Anonymous said...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK!!!!!

and

MMMMMMMMMMETAL!!!!!!

myslot said...

หนังออนไลน์ดูเมื่อไหร่ก็ไม่เบื่อ Captain America 2 The Winter Soldier กัปตันอเมริกา มัจจุราชอหังการ (2014) หนังใหม่ดูฟรี

https://www.doonung1234.com/