04 October 2007

The Guitar Solo Quiz

As soon as the page for the Mental Floss Guitar Solo Quiz loaded, I had a feeling this was one test I'd pass with flying colors. Allow me to let you in on a little secret - for a good twenty some years now I've been whistling (or singing) a wide variety of guitar solos. Not constantly, but here and there. When the mood strikes. Therefore; my kinda test.

My score: 100% (16 out of 16)

The only two I didn't recognize within the first few notes were the solos from Neil Young and The Police.

Take The Guitar Solo Quiz and let me know what you score, which ones give you trouble, or if you think the whole thing is just too darn easy (I do, and I'm considering making an EF Guitar Solo Quiz as a response - if only I knew how to create that whole scoring system thing - stay tuned).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that shit was way too easy. 16 out of 16. i slayed it all.

Anonymous said...

14/16 only because i somehow mixed up two but im not willing to tell which. def too easy

Anonymous said...

Too easy. I got all but one without using the answers on the right.

TJ said...

100%. I'm with Packshaw. In every case, I could at least tell the artist, if not the artist and the title. I'd love to try a slightly more difficult, but not insane, one. The more metal, the better: "Ace of Spades"? "Too Fast for Love"? "Seek and Destroy"? Too easy. "Leper Messiah"? Yeah, that'd be tough, but tantalizingly on the tip of my tongue.

Anonymous said...

15 / 16. Had trouble with the Neil Young solo. Couldn't figure that one out. Got a little caught on the Jane's Addiction but pulled through.

Anonymous said...

i've got 100% and for some it was too easy but like Kip, neil young and jane's addiction were harder, fortunately i got lucky.

Anonymous said...

Come on Earfy you make a guitar quiz for us!