23 July 2007

Annuals, Band of Horses @ McCarren Pool - 22 July 2007

Annuals (above) rocked Brooklyn yesterday with their set at McCarren Pool. They've continued to grow together nicely since the last time I saw them as they seem to have an even finer sense of how to really work those yo-yo moments so prevalent in many of their songs. They did Raleigh proud. Shoot.

Listen:
"Brother"
"Dry Clothes"

See more pictures of Annuals (from this show and others) HERE.


Band of Horses (above) didn't hate me yesterday, and I didn't hate them either. No, in fact I loved them. They played the songs from Everything All The Time that I expected them to play (and they were all excellent) but what really stood out for me were the new songs from the upcoming album. Anyone know what that final song they played was? (update: apparently it was a Ron Wood solo song(?!) - anyone know the name of it?) It was awesome.

Listen:
"Funeral"
"Bass Song"

See more pictures of Band of Horses (from this show) HERE.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too loved the last song. was it a cover?

Anonymous said...

hah, I almost went to this but the line was so ridiculously long, I was like "Fuck it" and had a beer at a bar nearby.

catdirt said...

well obviously you must have gotten in touch with the "label or something" per his request in the pitchfork review. kudos! band of horses obv approves...

i hear the new goes cube tracks are "hot", as it were.

Mr Rossy said...

I saw annuals in the UK a few weeks ago, they were great !!! They're all SO young !!! And they keep swaping instruments etc....excellent !!!

Unknown said...

the last song was "Act Together" by the Rolling Stones.

Cayte Did said...

Yes, yes you were in agreement with me I see. Though BOH were flat to me. Maybe my beer was just getting warm? Maybe it's because we werent allowed to play dodge ball? I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Our Swords and not Bass Song?

Nature made vitamins said...

For a moment while I was reading your article I struck to me that I always thought about this thing. But could not put it into words! How you do this is marvelous.

New nike soccer shoes said...

Said was wonderful, really the best site! Liked by the way best described 2011 Nike soccer cleats . Prefer the Nike mercurial soccer cleats

Sun Flower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Free Classified Ads said...

This piece was an inspiration for me to share with everyone I know. I must congratulate the author and the place and coming up with a beautiful creature like this.

3d ultrasounds said...

It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. We are constantly Study, a total of enjoyment of information and work together to improve their lives.

website design perth said...

I enjoyed your entries on Toxic Words - such great thoughts and a wonderful reminder to watch the words I use - to be positive and kind and use words to build up rather than tear down. :)

Lingerie said...

Nice post thanks for sharing this article..it help a lot in increasing my knowledge about this

luck said...

uggs clearance The revolutionary cheap uggs outlet summer arrivals for females is an awesome collection. Uggs Outlet Easily obtainable in summer and spring colors like rose, multicolored, teal, white, gold, silver along with other options those are the epitome of design and luxury. The UGG Halendi soft slippers as an example come in black, white and other pastel shades and are great to make use of along with your summer trousers and skirts ugg boots clearance.