On Saturday, the 25th of August, at Studio B in Brooklyn, the first blogger-organized After The Jump Fest will be taking place. After the Jump will be an all-day event with a FREE day show (doors at 1pm, bands start at 2pm) and an AMAZING night show to benefit a proposal submitted by the Bronx High School For the Visual Arts (via DonorsChoose.org) for equipment to be used by aspiring DJs, writers, MCs and beat-makers. More info about their proposal HERE.
We're extremely excited to announce the addtion of Free Blood to the night show and Golem to the day show. As well, Sara Schaefer is lined up to be the MC of the day show.
FREE Day Show Schedule:
- 2:00 (MetroMix.com Main Stage) The Teenage Prayers
2:30 (CONCERT.TV Side Stage) Jukebox The Ghost
3:00 (MetroMix.com Main Stage) Locksley
3:30 (CONCERT.TV Side Stage) Bling Kong
4:00 (MetroMix.com Main Stage) Golem
4:30 (CONCERT.TV Side Stage) Goes Cube
5:00 (MetroMix.com Main Stage) Ra Ra Riot
5:30 (CONCERT.TV Side Stage) Apache Beat
6:00 (MetroMix.com Main Stage) Spectrum
- 10:00 The Virgins
Midnight Free Blood
1:00 Riot In Belgium
Finger on the Pulse (DJ set)
David Bruno (DJ set)
Again, the day show is FREE. Purchase tickets to the night portion of the event HERE.
As part of the pre-fest extravaganza, we united bloggers are interviewing each of the artists performing at After the Jump. Check out the interviews that have been posted so far:
- The Music Slut: 8 Questions With Spectrum
- Music Snobbery: Jukebox the Ghost Interview
- The Music Slut: 8 Questions With Soulico
- Product Shop NYC: An Interview w/ Riot In Belgium
Chris over at Music Snobbery is keeping a running tally of all the awesome prizes we have to raffle off at After the Jump, including TWO passes to the CMJ Music Marathon worth nearly $500 each (thanks CMJ)! We also have a ton of CD prize packs, signed posters, t-shirts, and much more - so come and donate for your chance to win!
Pictured above - the bloggers responsible for putting together the After The Jump Fest. Photo taken by Elizabeth Weinberg.
Interested in donating your time to this event? Go HERE for more info.
Things in this world cost money. Even really awesome free/for charity things. The companies below have helped out a great deal in terms of making this whole After The Jump Fest possible. Thanks and big ups to them.
- Cellfish Media. Cellfish Media creates digital content for mobile phones and is helping to revolutionize the blogging community.
- MetroMix.com. MetroMix is your one-stop local entertainment guide on where to go and what to do, from the hottest restaurants and bars, to the latest in events, music, movies, and more.
- Grand Hospitality. A pioneer in the industry, Grand Hospitality was the first company to establish luxury boutique hotels in the swank downtown New York neighborhoods of SoHo and TriBeCa.
- CONCERT.TV. is the first television channel dedicated to live music by offering both cutting edge shows and past favorites.
- Indaba Music. Indaba Music is an international community of musicians, music professionals, and fans exploring the creative possibilities of making music with people in different places.
- Imeem. Imeem is an online community where artists, fans & friends can promote their content, share their tastes, and discover new blogs, photos, music and video. Visit After the Jump on Imeem.
- CMJ. CMJ Network connects music fans and music industry professionals with the best in new music through interactive media, live events and print.
- Xanga. Xanga is a community of online diaries and journals.
- Colt 45. For over 4 decades, Colt 45 Premium Malt Liquor has been the "class of all malt liquor brands". With its smooth and distinct flavor and historic affiliation with Billy Dee Williams, it has become an urban American icon.
- Studio B. Simply put, a night club in Brooklyn but really, a Greenpoint phenomenon.