25 October 2006

The Fatales

The Fatales are the final band in the Family Business/EAR FARM/The Deli Magazine CMJ Showcase lineup and the one that I'm least familiar with - yet I get the feeling I'm going to like them a lot. I'm aware they've been around for a few years, have split time between Brooklyn and DC, and have won many fans all across the internets. The songs I've heard of theirs thus far hint at a love of dramatic British influenced sounds and soaring vocals. Right up my alley, if I were to have an alley. Some I've read claim they sound like Radiohead and I'd perhaps agree to a point but what I hear in The Fatales is something more like early U2/later Pulp. No matter which band you try and compare them to you're going to come to the same conclusion: they're good. Damn good.

Visit The Fatales on MySpace

Buy their album Pretty in Pixels HERE.

***The Fatales are playing as part of the Family Business/EAR FARM/The Deli Magazine CMJ Showcase at Union Pool on the 1st of November - more details HERE***

No comments: