25 October 2006

Other Passengers

I once had a dream of fronting a band just like Other Passengers. All visceral and loud and arty with abstract video being projected behind us as we played...no, I'm serious. That kind of approach would've well satisfied my desire to bring the world a new band along the lines of a mixture of The Cure, Pink Floyd, Love and Rockets, and The Velvet Underground but what's the point now? Other Passengers go above and beyond whatever small notions I used to consider when I thought of such a band.

I don't want to limit your impression of what kind of band Other Passengers is, but the above is a start. I first caught them live (unexpectedly) during a residency at Pianos and ever since I've been a major fan. This band MUST be seen live.

Listen:
"In The Belly"

Visit Other Passengers on MySpace

Buy the Is It Nothing to You, All Those Who Pass By? EP HERE.

***Other Passengers are playing as part of the Family Business/EAR FARM/The Deli Magazine CMJ Showcase at Union Pool on the 1st of November - more details HERE***

No comments: