18 October 2006

Trials & Errors

Trials & Errors got in touch with me via MySpace and hail from La Vall d'Uixó, Spain. They've only just gotten started with building an online fan base but there's something strangely intoxicating about the two songs below. The songs are sparse and moody and I could see the first, "Bajo Aquel Cielo Azul", existing as an interlude moment in a Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez film. It's perhaps in need of a more professional re-recording and mixing but, to me, that might just strip away the dark Mediterranean small club charm. The second song is a melancholic jaunt with male/female vocals sung in English. Again, this is the sound of a pensive cinematic moment and reminds me of the life I never lived hopping from town to town in the province of Castellón.

Listen:
"Bajo Aquel Cielo Azul"
"Sat On The Square"

Visit Trials & Errors on MySpace.

No comments: