24 October 2006

Goes Cube

How do I love thee Goes Cube? Let me count the ways. If you search Goes Cube on EAR FARM via Google you'll get 129 results back. Damn! Does that mean I've posted about this band over one hundred times? It might seem like it, but no. What it does mean, however, is that I've posted about them a lot. If you can't figure out why, keep reading and I'll tell you.

Unlike some certain music blogs out there, I don't aim for EAR FARM to post minimally, or only once, about bands. If I like it, if I'm listening to it, then I'll write about it. Truth is I've been listening to a LOT of Goes Cube's upcoming record Beckon the Dagger God (unofficial title) and I've also been seeing them live from time to time and I love this band. They're one of my current favorites for sure and you're going to get three EAR FARM sponsored chances to see them during CMJ week. The first is Halloween night - more on that below.

I can tell you, even if their particular brand of face melting ear shred isn't your "thing", you will be impressed by this band's live show. I've come to terms with the ease (for the reader) of offering comparisons and I'd liken Goes Cube to Fugazi, Polvo, and Nirvana. In fact, if you will, allow me to reference something I said about them previously:

In a world where bands barely have five songs down before they play live shows, where over-hype equals indie rock success, and where rivers of shit have eroded the good taste of most listeners, Goes Cube matters.
Listen:
Goes Cube Song 30

Visit Goes Cube on MySpace

Buy Goes Cube's self-titled EP HERE on Family Business.

***Goes Cube are playing as part of EAR FARM's Halloween show at Union Hall on the 31st of October - more details HERE***

No comments: