08 November 2006

Faith Hill pissed off at the Country Music Awards

Okay sure, pop culture commentary is not really EAR FARM's thing (totesprobsdefs more Stereogum's) but I couldn't resist this. Poor Faith Hill lost (at the Country Music Awards) to American Idol Carrie Underwood and couldn't take it. Notice her arms flail before she mouths "WHAT?!" It's fantastic: an honest reaction. In fact, I'm shocked there's not more of this kind of thing at awards shows.



What I really don't get is Faith's statement (from HERE):

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me. For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving female vocalist of the year."
Then her manager says:
"I've worked with Faith for many years now and the idea that she would ever insult or undermine another artist, let alone another human being's success is absolutely preposterous. Those who know her know that she's incapable of such actions. She was being playful while the nominations were being read and playful after."
Playful my ass. Why couldn't she just come out and tell the truth? She was pissed off because she thinks Carrie Underwood is a hack and a bit scared that she's the new Faith Hill. Watch it again. It kinda makes me want to go out drinking with Faith. Man, Faith and I could really trash the shit out of some hotel rooms I'll betcha. Before I couldn't even name a song by Faith Hill (still can't) and now I'm imagining a new career for her where she's cutting herself and kicking the audience and shitting on the stage. Faith Hill: today's G. G. Allin. If I was her manager I'd be playing the punk angle of this to get Faith some much needed street cred.

Any bets on her appearing on SNL to poke fun at herself?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA, oh man...i bet you dollars to donuts poor Timmy McGraw had to sleep on the couch, or horse stable, that night

Anonymous said...

faith hill deserved to get that reward and carie didnt. faith should of been mad. i agree with her.

Anonymous said...

i'd rather see her naked. legs wide open!! oohh baby. faith cum to papa.

Anonymous said...

IF she was joking, it was still in poor taste. she's been at enough of these award shows to know to be a lady and keep smiling. shame for carrie underwood that faith is still getting all the attention, but i don't like her anyway, so i agree with bethanne..finniest.shit.ever!