11 September 2007

Remembering September 11th, 2001

I struggle to know how best to share my thoughts and feelings about this day. My aim is not to dwell on the past; however, it's most certainly not to ever forget what life was like here in New York City before/on/during/and directly after the attacks of September 11th, 2001. If you'd like to know a bit more about my own personal experience as a resident of NYC on 9/11/01, please visit EF's post about 9/11 from last year. For today, I offer the pensive melancholy of the following song that somehow seems to fit, for me, with taking a moment to remember September 11th, 2001.

Listen:
"Theme From Ghost World" - David Kitay

Buy Ghost World [soundtrack] HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But what is sorely missing from the various debates about Osama and where al Qaeda is headed in the future is a sense of how and why this religious-political organization wants to change the world. I believe that Osama is after empire, just like Xerxes and countless leaders before him. If you're interested in hearing this argument developed more carefully, please visit http://athensandjerusalem.typepad.com/weblog/2007/09/rd-gold-editor-.html.

Anonymous said...

What a sad time! Kevin Price also wrote a blog about remembering 9/11. Check out his blog at www.bizplusblog.com