08 January 2008

I Want My MTV - New videos from Vampire Weekend, Xiu Xiu, Eddie Vedder, Moby, and Thurston Moore

If videos killed the radio star then videos have killed me. I was trapped by the promises they offered back in 1983. And then what? Well, we all know what: MTV strayed from what they did really well and created an entire generation of idiots more interested in making sure their lives are ready for reality TV than in the art of the music video. As a result, pop stars such as Britney Spears know not how to sing and dance in a video, but only how to look like the picture perfect reality TV disaster. I can just see it now: the next move for Britney and MTV will be to have an episode of Made where Gwen Stefani or Madonna shows Britney how to balance life, men, babies, baby sisters with babies, a crazy mind, and a career, all without turning into The Trash Heap again. Right? Don't act like you wouldn't watch that. But I digress... this is about taking the power back!

Below you'll find new music videos from Vampire Weekend, Xiu Xiu, Eddie Vedder, Moby, and Thurston Moore. Is it me, or does the Thurston Moore video remind you a bit of certain films by Derek Jarman? And... is this new Moby song actually good? Wha?!


"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend (above)


"I Do What I Want, When I Want" by Xiu Xiu (above)


"Guaranteed" by Eddie Vedder (above)


"Alice" by Moby (above)


"Fri/End" by Thurston Moore (above)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great videos.
I really like this xiu xiu video.
I bet the new album will be amazing.

Anonymous said...

welcome back Moby