04 April 2008

Mrs. Robinson (featuring MSNBC anchor Alex Witt)

I'm willing to admit the following things: I am indeed a bit of a politics/news junkie... as a result I do tend to watch MSNBC fairly often/more often than I should... and as a result of that, I just might have developed a small crush on MSNBC anchor Alex Witt (above) a few years ago. I think it started sometime around the time that Soledad O'Brien went on maternity leave, which (oddly enough) coincided with a full-time switch from CNN to MSNBC for me. Anyway, for whatever reason, I finally decided to poke around Google early this week and see what I might learn about Alex Witt from, say, the mighty Wikipedia.

In nearly no time at all I was on the MySpace page of her pop band (?!) Mrs Robinson listening to a song about falling in love on Jet Blue...

There's not exactly a wealth of information to be culled from Mrs. Robinson's (pictured above) MySpace page, but here's what I've put together so far:

- the band is made up of three women who hold the following occupations: pet grooming salon owner (le Beastro), record label employee (SRP Records), and MSNBC anchor.
- they've performed at various sporting events, on the Don Imus show (see below), and at some event called Mamapalooza.
- they have an album, a single, and some remixes available for purchase on iTunes.
- their overall sound is a little bit Wilson Phillips, a little bit Dixie Chicks, and a little bit R&B.
- the Mrs. Robinson song "Get Up" was featured in the film Single.
- the name of the band is very befitting.
- apparently they "have a sitcom about (their) kookie lives in development... so we fly Jet Blue from JFK to Burbank all the time."
I realize this isn't exactly the newest of news items, but I couldn't help myself. It's like seeing your teacher outside of the classroom doing something other than teach... Alex Witt plays in a band?? Amazing!

Now to see about booking Mrs. Robinson for the next EAR FARM Presents show...

Listen:
"Fell in love on Jet Blue"
"Get Up"

Watch:
"Choices" live on Imus
"Life Is So Good Now" live on Imus

Visit Mrs. Robinson on MySpace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Alex Witt is HOT!

I looked her up on wikipedia some time ago and I think she's like 47 years old. Looks amazing at that age.

I couldn't care less about her band though... sorry.

Anonymous said...

^ dont lie you cared enough to comment

Anonymous said...

Dear Alex Witt:

I am a political junkie and watch you everyday. You are bright, quick witted and a great interviewer. Your political insights are terrific. And you are, of course, a beautiful woman.

I have one suggestion which, I know, is probably not p.c. but I respect you so much I thought I would share it.

Your high constrasting dark/light eye make up makes you look hard and cold. You are, of course, neither.

Might you give consideration to less or different eye makeup? I think it distracts from your message.

Please forgive my intrusion--but it is offered with the best intentions. Someday I'd like to see you anchor the evening news.

Sincerely,

Rick Halpert
Halpert, Weston, Wuori & Sawusch
Attorneys and Counselors
Suite 1050 5th 3rd Bank Building
136 E. Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007

rickhalpert@sbcglobal.net

269-388-4800

If you have time to email or call in response, my wife and I would be interested in what you think.
Thanks! Rick

Anonymous said...

whoa

Anonymous said...

Alex is NOT 47. Her wikipedia is wrong.

To Rick: Alex doesn't Google herself, she won't read that.

hanly said...

AVI to iPad Converter is one of the most professional AVI to iPad Converting tool which could easily convert AVI files to iPad with super fast speed and excellent output image and sound quality!
pdf to gif converter
pdf to ppt converter