25 May 2006

OPP

It's been a while since one of these OPPs. Just as notice, I'll be out of town at a wedding from today until Monday. Not sure what that'll mean for the site but hopefully it'll be very normal around here. Posting from unusual locations, here I come.

Take Your Medicine classifies MP3 blogs - if you read many music blogs check it out

Brooklyn Vegan has Lou Reed @ Ground Zero pics & commentary

Bradley has live Mogwai

Just go read more Marathonpacks...seriously

Heart on a stick on American Idol

Will Butler from Arcade Fire guests on Said the Gramophone

Can You See The Sunset... has podcast #2 posted

4 comments:

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Sorry Matt, but here it comes.. I've stopped reading Earfarm. I used to read this site religiously for a month or two, and you introduced me to a number of sites that have put me on to a number of bands I like. But... And it's a big but..

This site has distinctly staled to me recently. I've never been all that interested in what's "happening" in music, and I don't really follow the current bands. I'm interested in what's good, not what's ON..

So, since you killed GOAON you're page has lost it's depth.. 8++ isn't a big enough shrug towards The Cannon. Hip young things that don't last are too much like fodder to the muso-obsessives, you need a bit more depth by turning back to the cannon more.

I'll still take a look at this page occassionally.. But i'm no longer a big fan.

Matt said...

i appreciate the feedback and am sorry that you weren't able to wait for the next few features that i have in mind (but am not ready to begin yet due to multiple other commitments). fact is, this site is the work of only one person and it will ebb and flow according to my life schedule and availability but i will continue to maintain the schedule of features that i've always stuck to, i will continue to try and make my featuring of new bands as good as i possibly can, and i'll keep doing things here the way that seems best to me.

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Ok, Sorry matt... You didn't deserve that... This is a hell of a site. I apologise.

Thing is.. Was hooked for a while, but hell, you're right, work of one man! Good going matt.. Hell of a site.

Anonymous said...

EARFARM RUUUUUULEZ!!!