30 May 2007

Bell @ Pianos - 29 May 2007

Bell - featuring Olga Bell on keys and vocals, Jason Nazary on percussion, Mike Chiavaro on bass guitar, and Grey McMurray on guitar - played their final of three Pianos May residency shows last night. The band was as tight as they've ever been (seriously... Mike, Jason, and Gray excel at their respective instruments and are a pleasure to see and hear each and every time) and Olga appeared to be very much at ease as she charmed the audience between songs and masterfully steered the set from high to low, fast to slow, and everything in between. Oh, and there was dancing! Lots of dancing from the first two rows of fans and I've got proof on video. Woot!

It was a pleasure seeing each of Bell's performances at Pianos and I'm very much looking forward to all that the future has in store for Olga and her band. If you ask me, there's a lot of greatness just around the corner for these guys. They're going into the studio at the end of this week to record songs for a soon-to-be-released EP, have a few shows lined up for early Summer, and have plans to reach out to audiences outside of NYC very very soon.

Listen:
"A Better Way" (live @ Pianos - 29 May 2007)
"Clementine" (live @ Pianos - 29 May 2007)

Visit Bell on MySpace, see more pictures (from this show and others) of Bell HERE.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went last night because its all that ever is talked about on Earfarm and I must say that Bell was fantastic. OK, not ALL thats ever talked about but alot and I can see why. Bell's great.

On a side note - was that you Mr Farm with one of the video cameras??

Anonymous said...

THANKYOU THANKYOU for the many live songs by Bell! I wish I lived in NY!!

Anonymous said...

"a better waaaaaayyyyyy..."

say, i love her/their cover versions.

Anonymous said...

Bell = SUPERSTAR. Her set at Living Room recently was incredible.

Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that Olga is quite the piano player. Sadly I couldn't make it to any of these shows, however, "Clementine" is an excellent song.

Matt said...

Anon #1 - glad you made it out to the show... I was indeed one of the two scary looking gents with video cameras that night. Which one? The world may never know.

However, soon enough I'll have some video from these shows that I might just share here on EF if everyone behaves well. Also, the other camera dude was filming something "official" so look for a link to that footage whenever it appears online.

Anonymous said...

Olga has got such a great voice, reminds me of Corin Tucker in some places :-)