25 May 2007

Bowerbirds and The Rosebuds @ Bowery Ballroom - 24 May 2007

Bowerbirds
Bowerbirds opened the show last night with their enchantingly delicate musical poetry. Having already listened to their songs a fair amount I knew to expect beauty and high quality songwriting; however, I wasn't ready for how perfect their vocals came across in person. Each member of the band has an excellent singing voice and each exudes a rather similar charismatic comfort while performing. I highly recommend seeing them live the next chance you get.

Listen:
"Dark Horse"

Visit Bowerbirds on MySpace, see more pictures (from this show) of Bowerbirds HERE.


The Rosebuds
The Rosebuds headlined the evening and were just as great as I expected they'd be. Their music, bet it from their first, second, or most recent album, is precisely the kind most well fit for a live performance. That is to say it's rousing and irresistible pop. Go see them for yourself sometime - you'll know what I'm talking about when you realize how much you're either singing along or dancing. Or both. I think what I enjoyed most about their set last night was getting a chance to hear the songs from the new album live. Night of The Furies is better than most people are giving it credit for, and in person many of the songs simply soar.

Listen:
"Blue Bird"

Visit The Rosebuds on MySpace, see more pictures (from this show) of The Rosebuds HERE.

*unfortunately I wasn't able to see The Ladybug Transistor as I was catching up with a few old friends who were there last night...I have it on good authority that they put on a great show as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

كرمى + الؤؤؤؤؤؤؤ ا م ح ليايامنلالئى ؤرؤبيءوة
خحجعداالفبق
نمشسشلس طظكدج
ةىتاغفقب
طجد
برملاتتررؤييشششششششىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىى دددكككمون ةةةةةةةةءؤؤؤؤززززظظظظظجججججثثثللللهههههههه
دجطكزوناغفل6سشصثش4