31 May 2007

8+

"Rainbow" by Battles which clocks in at 8:11

Tell me I don't adore this band, this album, this song. I need you to. Do it. Something has to break the spell that Battles has put on me. For serious. I'm real. I mean... I'm really serious. Or, for real - I'm serious. Serious serious real amazing for music for omg for I luv it 4evr 4real. For like $wows$ yooha. Chew HA! Yobba yooba... eepa ho a leepa ho sca-tur sca-turr. Wait. Hold. I lost my ability to speak English. Battles melted the language part of my brain with sonic perfection and/or working in this edit room in freezing cold AC has destroyed my ability to make sense out of these buttons underneath my fingers. Heep heep heep heeeelp. Gosh it's cold in this room.

Here's my favorite quote* about Mirrored:

"His flow is generic and instantly forgettable and his lyrics are trite, inconsequential and full of self-importance."
I don't care if the entire world has already been singing the praises of this album, it's not about that. This album got me. It had me at "Race - In". I can't imagine Mirrored won't end up on my year end list of greatest music ever for 2007 (it sits alone at the top of this list as of now) and I can't imagine what will come of my brain once I listen to this sucker some 5,000,000,000 more times between now and the end of the year. Help me?

Shit. You can't. You can't help me.

All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles. All I need in the world is Battles... and a sweater. I know it's hot as a bitch outside, but it's freezing right here. Right now. I'm not crazy, swear. All I need in the world is Battles.

*in a brief moment of clarity I've just realized that that quote I quoted up there was actually someone talking about K Fed's album... here's a quote about Mirrored for you that says it like it is:
"This is not just an album that can be appreciated by fans of the avant-garde, pop and rock alike but a genuine fuck you to the people claiming modern music has nowhere left to go."
Buy Mirrored HERE on Amazon.

EAR FARM's 8+ is a weekly feature that showcases songs longer than 8 minutes. In the recent past these songs were featured on EF's 8+:
Nirvana - "Scentless Apprentice"
Jesu - "Weightless and Horizontal"
Nuh Uh - "This Is Embarrassing"
The Cure - "Carnage Visors: The Soundtrack"
Aphex Twin - "Ziggomatic V17"
Agalloch - "In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion"
Explosions In The Sky - "It's Natural To Be Afraid"
Guns N' Roses - "Locomotive"

To see a full list of every song featured in EAR FARM's 8+ click HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at this post

Anonymous said...

serious-stop-serious