27 March 2007

Goes Cube Tour Day Twenty-one

Well, the brief weekend away from the tour was a nice break, and I enjoyed the time with my family, but it's awesome to be back with the guys. Yesterday I flew into Denver around the same time as the van pulled into town. I was greeted at the airport by Kenny's brother Dan (who happens to live in Denver, we're staying with him - he's super nice and a great teammate to play bar shuffleboard with...we're undefeated) and then met up with the band a few minutes later. As I was saying, we went to a bar near the apartment we're staying at and played a bit of shuffleboard. Dan and I teamed up to beat the heck out of Goes Cube over and over again. They must like to lose because they're currently asking for another shot at us. Patience Goes Cube, I must tell the world how much you kicked ass last night. THEN you can taste defeat all over again. Shake annnnd bake.

Last night Goes Cube played Larimer Lounge. Supposedly the past two shows haven't gone so well, and last night started out seeming to be another so-so show. The sound guy (smelly) disappeared as soon as they started and the sound during the first two songs was awful. No vocals, barely any bass - not how Goes Cube should sound. And I should know. I've seen them a few times. Well, once Dr. Smell returned to the sound board things got worked out and the band kicked it into high gear. They ripped through song after song as those in attendance danced and jumped and basically went nuts. It was fantastic. Goes Cube gave Denver all they had and Denver gave it right back. I was really happy to have my friends Wes and Cameron come out to the show and had a blast catching up and hanging out with them. I think Cam ended up with two broken drumsticks, a shirt, and a CD. After playing about 12 songs (roughly 3 more than usual), and selling quite a nice amount of merchandise, we packed up the van and headed back to Dan's apartment. On the way we stopped for another trademark capitol building jump shot (above) and hit up Denver's chicken tender district (Burger King).

Denver, we love you.

Goes Cube tour 2007 next show:

28 March - El Torreon w/ Witch and Hare
3101 Gillham Plz, Kansas City, Missouri
Listening to right now:
Electric Soft Parade - "If That's The Case, Then I Don't Know"

Visit Goes Cube on MySpace

Full tour schedule HERE

Read about what happened on tour while I was away HERE.

Be sure to visit Blog Fresh Radio to listen to their most recent episode where you can hear a brief phone interview with me about Jarvis Cocker.

***also be sure to go HERE and submit some questions for me to ask the guys***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if one of the band members is still sick (whichever one writes the blog), I highly, highly recommend theraflu severe cold daytime tea. it's got a sharp lemon taste, but it actually tastes kind of good, and let me tell you -- that shit works like a miracle. as someone who's sick allthetimeever I should know!

The Digs said...

That show was sweetness. Good to see you again, Matt.