29 August 2006

Gold Streets

Gold Streets is playing tonight in NYC at Beg Yr Pardon #7. I wish I could be there, it's an excellent lineup and I'd love to check these guys out. They've got a sound that's like an amalgam of bands I love from the early '90s but I can't quite put my finger on any one or two bands that would give you a really good idea of what to expect from Gold Streets. I hear some influence from The Cure and Cocteau Twins but their sound is completely their own. Some bands I'm able to say "they sound like X and Y" but Gold Streets just sound familiar. Like, their sound is theirs and yet is seemingly something you've always been listening to. It's a fascinating niche of groovy bass, spaced out rock, and split male/female vocals which this band inhabits and I like everything I've heard from them so far. If you live in NYC, go see them tonight and report back.

Listen:
"Red"
"Right Now"

Visit Gold Streets on MySpace.

Read an interview with Gold Streets HERE.

No comments: