29 August 2006

Gold Streets

Gold Streets is playing tonight in NYC at Beg Yr Pardon #7. I wish I could be there, it's an excellent lineup and I'd love to check these guys out. They've got a sound that's like an amalgam of bands I love from the early '90s but I can't quite put my finger on any one or two bands that would give you a really good idea of what to expect from Gold Streets. I hear some influence from The Cure and Cocteau Twins but their sound is completely their own. Some bands I'm able to say "they sound like X and Y" but Gold Streets just sound familiar. Like, their sound is theirs and yet is seemingly something you've always been listening to. It's a fascinating niche of groovy bass, spaced out rock, and split male/female vocals which this band inhabits and I like everything I've heard from them so far. If you live in NYC, go see them tonight and report back.

"Right Now"

Visit Gold Streets on MySpace.

Read an interview with Gold Streets HERE.