24 August 2006

The Rosebuds - new song!

Thanks to Mark over at The Oak Room I was made aware that one of my favorite bands from last year has a new demo posted on their MySpace page. I like what I'm hearing from this demo (not sure if the drum machine is just a temporary touch on this song)...it's got more of what I loved in the songs from their album Birds Make Good Neighbors, namely some very fine melancholic subtly dramatic pop, and it's gotten me right excited for their next album. By the way, their next record is going to be produced by Brian Paulson...he of Slint, Wilco, Beck, and Archers of Loaf fame. Catch my drift? Awesome.

Listen:
"Hold On To This Coat"

Visit The Rosebuds on MySpace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Birds Make Good Neighbors is such a great album. And this song just made my whole day.