18 August 2006

Justin Timberlake HQ

EAR FARM is fast becoming to Justin Timberlake what Stereogum was/has been to Britney Spears.

Okay, maybe not. I just like Justin's music. I know that's bound to alienate some people and make others laugh so I'll state it plainly: I'm not being ironic here - the world NEEDS JT now more than ever. Ask yourself this, where have all of the great pop stars gone? When you come to the realization that Justin Timberlake is where it's at, feel free to check out the info below. If you're an indie-rock snob don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're reading this.

From a recent AP article, Justin offers some quotes on American Idol and his brining back of the sexy.

On American Idol:

"I have a strange relationship with that show," Timberlake tells the magazine in an interview. "I despise it, and yet I'm completely fascinated...The guy who won -- people think he looks so normal, and he's so sweet, and he's so earnest, but he can't carry a tune in a bucket. Do you realize how much pressure it is to put on somebody all of a sudden?"
On bringing sexy back:
"I wanted (the album) to look to a time when everything was really sexy," he says. "Maybe everybody was coked up, but who cares? It was hot. It was all about sex."
Timberlake's second album, FutureSex/LoveSounds, is set for release September 12. It features production by Timbaland, JAWBreakers, Rick Rubin, and Justin himself. He's currently getting ready to play some club shows in Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Boston before heading to NYC to play the Roseland Balllroom (anybody got two tickets for sale?) after performing "SexyBack" on the MTV Video Music Awards.

In other JT/NYC news:
Monday August 28th at East Meadow in New York's Central Park, Justin joins Ellen DeGeneres in an exclusive talk show appearance where he performs "SexyBack" among other tracks. Admission to this event is permitted to ticket holders ONLY. Visit www.ellentv.com or call (866)-ELLEN-TIX for ticket info. The episode airs Monday, September 4th, and you won't want to miss it!
Go HERE to check out a bunch of Justin Timberlake music videos. Visit Justin Timberlake on MySpace HERE.

And...might I suggest going HERE or HERE if you're looking for some JT MP3s.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I knew it! If you mean it about the HQ, I'll be visiting more frequently. Don't let me down.

Anonymous said...

I fully support the war on JT-Haters. It's time he brought the joy and sexy he was meant to bring to all. All Hail TIMBERLAKE.

cchang said...

I feel like I can come out of the closet now. :) I'm not a rabid fan, but I definitely find his music catchy.