22 December 2005

8+

This is a new weekly feature here on EAR FARM. Plain and simply, a new song each week for listening/download. The only rule here: that the posted song is longer than EIGHT minutes. They'll be from my music library and only available for a limited time.


First song, British Sea Power - "Lately", which clocks in at 13:59.

This song appears on British Sea Power's flawless debut album The Decline of British Sea Power and I remember first listening to it and thinking to myself "oh bliss! bliss and heaven...gorgeousness and gorgeousity!"

I think I had a dream soon after that where I was stuck inside the video for "November Rain" by Guns n' Roses (except in the dream, the church was on a seaside cliff) and I was dressed up like an old-school British infantry soldier, you know the "red coats"? Well the storm in the video got really fierce and windy, and the skies a very dark dark grey, and quickly Slash and Axl got blown off the edge of the cliff as I stood there and smiled. Then I took to the sky and floated around the gloomy coast for a while. A tall American dressed in an historic British infantry outift flying around the dark skies of an unknown seashore - happy to be rid of Guns n' Roses, if just for a little while. The whole time, the entire dream, THIS song was the soundtrack.