18 March 2008

A Place To Bury Strangers @ The Wave - 14 March 2008 (SXSW Day 3)

Here's how I managed my SXSW concert going: I made lists of all of the shows I wanted to see for each day, made separate lists for the priority concerts each day, highlighted my few *must see* shows that there's no way I'd miss, and did my best to see as many bands from these lists as I possibly could. Lists, lists, lists, I love lists. One of my absolute must-see bands was the metal band Torche (sadly I missed them for CMJ); so, I left the O'Death show mid-set to make sure I had enough time to get into the venue and find a spot for Torche. After walking a few short blocks down 6th Street I heard a familiar sound coming from the upstairs patio at The Wave - A Place To Bury Strangers!!! - and I mindlessly stopped dead in my tracks and headed inside.

Unlike last year (five audience members, max), this year's SXSW found A Place To Bury Strangers surrounded by maxed-out venue full of adoring fans. The band responded accordingly and delivered one of the best shows I've ever seen them play, even if I was (sadly) stuck in the very back the entire time. NME was there, and agreed. APTBS is one of those bands I'd see anytime, anywhere. Amazing.

Listen:
"To Fix The Gash In Your Head" by A Place To Bury Strangers

Visit A Place To Bury Strangers on MySpace.

1 comment:

crustcake gerf said...

Yeah, but... did you see Torche?!?!