16 January 2006

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day and the "I have a dream" speech

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.'"

I'm not at work today, are you? Whether you are or are not, whether you live in the US or someplace else, I suggest taking seventeen minutes out of your day and listening to one of the most important moments in recent American history. As a society (both here in the US and abroad) the struggle for equality and freedom carries on. Today is a great time to reflect on how far our nation/planet has come and how far we still have to go.

Listen to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. deliver his "I Have a Dream" speech HERE (you'll need RealPlayer). Read the entire speech HERE.

No comments: