25 January 2006

Goes Cube @ Sin-é, 24 January 2006

Last night after the Light Footwork listening party at Scenic I headed down to Sin-é to catch the premiere of the NY Press Indie Label Jones showcase. Sadly I missed the first band, The Gritty Midi Gang, but got there right before Goes Cube got started. This made me happy because I missed them the last time I had a chance when they played before The Art of Shooting at Cake Shop.

Okay, so what I mean to say is that I was very impressed with Goes Cube. I really dug their songs and show and, from what I gathered, this was their first show with their new (human) drummer. They used to play with a drum machine so it's a shame I didn't really get their new drummer in the picture I posted...but the drummer (Kenny) was very good and the whole band just rocked. They really annihilated some faces last night.

Since I've never posted about these guys before, let's check out some MP3s here:
Goes Cube - "Song 17"
Goes Cube - "Song 19"

You can hear more of their music HERE or you can also go check out Goes Cube on MySpace. Also, Goes Cube is part of Ace Fu's Family Business.

No comments: