06 March 2006

Unsacred Hearts

(File this one under the 'I'm so stupid and lazy it's sad' category.)

First of all, it's good to get back to talking about some lesser-known bands. It sometimes takes the most effort to comb through submissions or MySpace or other sites and then listen to new music but it's really great when a band I've never heard before clicks with my personal tastes. Then I get to tell all of you guys about the band, and everyone ends up happy.

Okay, back to the matter at hand. I wrote about Man in Gray (because they make nice music) and then I met their guitarist Bryan and he gave me a MiG split 7". Pretty sweet little record. As laziness would have it, I never even bothered to flip the thing over (must've been too heavy) and listen to the other side. Now, some many weeks later, I've just finally 'discovered' this band - Unsacred Hearts - and it turns out I've had them on a record at my apartment for quite a while. Dumb da-da-dumb DUMB.

Here's a few reasons you shouldn't ignore this band like I did:
- they sound like dirty East Villlage rock from decades ago.
- thinking of their ideal fanbase, all I could come up with is this imaginary gang that wears old black leather jackets and black jeans and walks around drinking Mickey's grenades and throwing the empties at people - this is their soundtrack.
- all kinds of other people have already been talking about them.
- you don't have to go through the trouble of flipping over some heavy 7" record...there are MP3s you can download below!

Listen:
"Point of Pride" (MySpace download)
"Do you like spy movies?" (from the aforementioned split 7")
"Plug Me In"

Go see Unsacred Hearts on MySpace.

Go see them LIVE at Pianos on April 8th (record release show)!

2 comments:

Laura Guedes said...

Olá, I am Brazilian and I found yours fotolog for here. It is really very good! Success pra you! Great I hug!

Anonymous said...

and that is why i'm doing the theme i'm doing this week. i'm talking about bands that i have barely heard, but from what i have heard, they're great and they're mainly unknown. genius.

this is good stuff.