23 March 2006

8+

"El Rocio" by Polvo which clocks in at 12:41

In the past few entries for this 8+ feature I've gotten a bit wordy. For your sake, and mine, I'ma change that this week. A very brief story - in Feb 1998 I saw Polvo's final show at the Cat's Cradle. For the ride home, back to Raleigh, I put on Shapes and ended up listening to this song on repeat. In all, it was 3.5 or 4 times in a row that I heard "El Rocio" that night. A perfect cooldown from the live show I'd just seen. Ah the romance of it all...

I actually hadn't listened to this song even once since that night. Man, that's eight years. Well, last night I changed all that and checked out "El Rocio" again. If you know Polvo, rock on. If not, enjoy the song and this introduction to one of the 90's better bands.

BUY Shapes HERE.

EAR FARM's 8+ is a weekly feature that showcases songs longer than 8 minutes. In the recent past these songs were featured on EF's 8+:
British Sea Power - "Lately"
Islands - "Swans"
Isolée - "Pillowtalk"
Animal Collective - "Banshee Beat"
Wilderness - "Post Plethoric Rhetoric"
The Wedding Present - "Interstate 5"
Sleater-Kinney - "Let's Call It Love"
My Morning Jacket - "Dondante"
Wilco - "Spiders (Kidsmoke)"
Isis - "From Sinking"
Lemon Jelly - "A Tune For Jack"
Herbie Hancock - "Sly"
New Order - "Temptation"

1 comment:

Jennings said...

You rock for posting this.

Polvo were so damned good . . . and as a heads up, rbally has a Polvo post coming soon.

These folks were damned good.